NYLON SPECIALTY MATERIAL
HIGH ABRASION RESISTANCE FOR INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS.
Nylon’s ability to withstand high temperatures and its durability combine to give it above average abrasion resistance. Thus it is an excellent material for replacement parts in a manufacturing facility or distribution center.
Smart Spool™ provides valuable information including material type, color, and amount remaining via an RFID chip directly to MakerBot Print, while a desiccant in the spool maintains a low moisture level inside the drawer bay.
Store in the included a vacuum-sealed metalized polyester bag to avoid moisture absorption from air; long-term exposure to humidity can compromise material quality and performance. Make sure the built-in desiccant is in the spool to absorb any moisture exposure during the material loading process.
WHAT'S INCLUDED: 1 Nylon Material Spool (1.54 lb)
- MakerBot METHOD
- MakerBot METHOD X
- Heat Deflection @ 66 psi - ASTM 648: 91°C (196°F)
- Flexural Modulus (ASTM D790, 15 mm/min): 1,700 Mpa (250,000 psi)
- Tensile Strength at yield (ASTM D638, 50 mm/min): 66 Mpa (9,570 psi)
- Tensile Modulus (ASTM D638, 50 mm/min): 2,200 MPa (319,000 psi)
- Strain at Yield - Elongation (%): >10%
- Notched Impact Strength (ASTM D256): 187 J/m (3.5 ft-lb/in)
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
- Spool Diameter: 21.8 cm (8.6 in)
- Spool Width: 4.2 cm (1.65 in)
- Material Diameter: 1.75 mm
- Shipping Weight: 0.96 kg (2.3 lb)
- Net Weight: 0.7 kg (1.54 lb)