PolyLite™ ASA is an alternative to ABS with an improved weather resistance. Its UV resistance and excellent mechanical properties make it the perfect choice for real life applications.
- ASA is almost exactly the same as ABS with 1 major difference and 1 minor difference:
- The major difference is ASA is extremely good at weather resistance. (Resistance to UV light and environmental stress cracking)
- The minor difference is ASA prints with a nicer matte finish slightly hiding the layer lines.
- Printing Temperature: 240˚C - 260˚C
- Bed Temperature: 75˚C - 95˚C
- Printing Speed: 30mm/s - 50mm/s
- Fan: OFF
- Retraction Distance: 1mm
- Retraction Speed: 20mm/s
- Retraction Distance: 3mm
- Retraction Speed: 40mm/s
Drying Settings: 70˚C for 6h
(Only if the material has absorbed moisture)
Yes and no, you can watch the reviews below for more information but the rule of thumb is the bigger your print (more than the size of your fist) the more the enclosure will be required for dimensional stability.